About Blue Prism
Blue Prism is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, USA, Japan, Australia and India. It is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Blue Prism operates a 100% indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM down to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
Blue Prism is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual expanding their Centre of Excellence/Professional Services team to increase the number Consultants supporting clients and partners across multiple regions and geographies.
- The Robotic Operating Model (ROM) Architect is responsible for managing the creation of the Blue Prism delivery capability within an organisation
- Working in close collaboration with partners to upskill their ROM Architects as part of Blue Prism Partner Enablement program
- Engage with Senior Stakeholders and other key competencies within Blue Prism to continually review, update and roll out improvements to the ROM messages and best practices
- Evangelise the “Power of the ROM” both internally (across Professional Services & Sales teams) as well externally when working with clients and partners alike
- Work with and provide guidance, mentoring to the Head of RPA across clients and/or partners in establishing a team of suitably experienced, trained and accredited resources in line with demand across the entire delivery and support lifecycle
- Ensure the key collateral being used underpins the value and importance of the ROM through delivery of rapid, successful process automations with full visibility of the expected and actual business benefit.
The ROM Architect will operate in a lead consultancy role to help define and roll out the optimal approach to creating a RPA Capability within and across a customer organisation and/or Blue Prism partner. This approach will be based on industry best practice and will be tailored to meet the specific needs and dynamics of the organisation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Ideal recruits into this team will be experienced/proven Change Manager/leader with the following:
- Drive and enthusiasm to revolutionise the way an organisation can build and utilise their RPA Capability
- Capacity to plan, coordinate and drive the implementation of a RPA Vision
- Proven track record of implementing and building Organisational Changes – both operationally and technically
- An understanding of, and experience in Business Change Management and Transformational Change
- Strong communication and consulting skills, in particular, stakeholder building and management. Liaise with senior level external supplier and internal stakeholder representatives in a rational and measured manner to communicate project progress, issues, risks and solutions
- Ability to engage and manage Senior Stakeholders in complex environments. Control meetings and ensure the attendees are focused on achieving the predefined objectives
- Ability to coach and motivate teams to think differently
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real-world delivery and mentoring tasks
- Excellent attention to detail with a passion for quality with strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind with the ability to work constructively together as a team, sharing ideas and resources
- Be passionate about delivering high-quality service to customers and partners, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Must be ambitious and prepared to commit to a rapidly growing company through a period of considerable expansion
- A willingness to travel to client or partner sites nationally or internationally within your region
- Desirable Proven presentation skills with the ability to captivate and inform a multi-disciplined audience
- Ability to organize multiple work tasks and prioritize them to meet specific deadlines, work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand – solid project discipline preferable
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- Ability to control meetings and ensure the attendees are focussed on achieving the predefined objectives
Full training will be provided on the company’s software solution and delivery approach.